If you’ve been reading all my beauty collection posts; congratulations, you’ve made it to the end! Because this is the last, I’m making it a big one by covering both eyeliners and mascaras.
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. Love, love, love this liner. As I mentioned in my The 5 Sephora products you need to buy right now post, this product is my all time favorite eye liner. It glides right on, is easy to control, and lasts all day. It also comes off easily with make up remover. For $22, this product lasts a long time. And, if you trim the tip when its running low you’ll get more use out of it!
- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. For under $7, you can get a good quality eyeliner that lasts forever. I use this stuff everyday for work. It applies beautifully, as the liner is seriously pigmented. The applicator they give you is great too, its thinker than the Stila applicator, but if you use at the right angle you get all the control you need. While it does last long, sometimes I’ll find a little product on my upper eyelids mid-day. And when washing it off there always seems to be left over even after using my makeup remover. But, for $7, I still vouch for this product.
- Lancome CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base. This mascara primer really does all it claims to do. It conditions, lengthens, and volumes your lashes. I never apply mascara without it! It’s a bit pricey, sold for $25.50, but you also have the option to try the $13 travel size.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. This is one of Sephora’s best selling mascaras. With this product you get some serious volume, which comes from the thick formula that really coats your lashes. Beware, though, that over applying can lead to clumpy lashes quick. This mascara also requires a bit of clean up with a q-tip since the applicator is so dense the lash line gets a little messy. For $23, its pricey but, you can get this in a travel size too for $12!
- Benefit They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumzing Mascara. This is another Sephora best seller. This mascara works wonders with lengthening, but not so much with volumizing. The applicator is much different than the Too Faced mascara, it really separates your lashes and gets them evenly coated. I like that it’s much harder to clump this mascara. For $24, this is another expensive one, and too, can be purchased in travel size for $12! But, the travel size is sometimes an option with your Sephora points so if you keep an eye out you may get a chance to try it for free!
All the products mentioned in this post are great! I would recommend both eyeliners, especially for their prices. And currently, my beauty routine is to use all three mascaras. I start by priming with Lancome. Then, I lengthen and evenly coat my lashes with Benefit They’re Real! And lastly, pack on the volume with Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. This is currently working great for me. But, when I only choose one mascara, I reach for the Benefit one.
I hope you found this post helpful, as well as the rest of my beauty collection posts. If you would like to go back to read any of my previous posts, they’re linked below! I would love to hear your comments on what you thought of this series!